Sunday, December 25, 2016


Another version of my white chabako set.  

It's warm this winter in Austin, so the white theme helped suggest a winter holiday feeling. I lined the bottom of the chabako with white "snow" dotted blue cotton fabric, and made a silk kobukusa in a similar color. The binkake (brazier) is one I just made, with a gingko leaf pattern.


For the Unohana Chabako procedure, I chose a gold tray and Angela Rogers beautiful pale blue chawan to contrast all the white. Happy Holidays! 



2 comments:

  1. Your binkake is gorgeous! I also like the particular shade for your fukusa: like a burgundy but leaning into orange! I enjoy your posts and find them quite inspiring as I'm just putting together my own sets for tea here in Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Your Binkake is beautiful! Have you continued to make more Binkake? Do you sell them as well? Really beautiful. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete